Who Are We?
The Rose Ave. Church of Christ began in the mid 50s in Bellflower, California. The building where we meet was constructed in 1955. Throughout the years it has been our desire to always stand for the truth in all things. We take seriously the word of God and seek to conform to the pattern for work and worship we find in the pages of the New Testament.
Our meeting times
|9:00 AM – Virtual||Bible Study – Virtual|
|Second Lesson – Virtual||Personal study/worship – Recorded – YouTube/Facebook|
|7:30 PM – Virtual||Bible Study – Virtual|
What to expect when you visit us
We do not seek to entertain or put on elaborate show in our worship. We sincerely believe that since our worship is directed toward God (John 4:24), we should respect HIS pattern and desires. Therefore, when you visit us, you will find simple Bible Based Worship. A typical service will consist of the following:
- Singing songs together as a congregation (Ephesians 5:19)
- Prayers (1 Corinthians 14:15)
- Bible Study – in the form of Bible classes and preaching
- The Lord’s Supper (offered each Sunday- Acts 20:7)
- Giving – A collection taken at Sunday services only (1 Cor. 16:1-2). This is a responsibility for our members. Visitors are not expected to give or pressured to do so.
Currently, we are a group of about 35 members with attendance usually in the 30-40s on Sunday mornings.
During Bible Class Services (Sundays at 9:45 AM & Wednesdays at 7:30 PM) we offer classes for all ages.
To learn about our teaching, first we encourage you to open your Bible. We seek Biblical authority for all that we do and teach. With your Bible open, we invite you to visit our study resources page to learn about what God’s word teaches on numerous topics (Acts 17:11). A good place to start is here: What We Believe.